Review: Essence my Skin - Intensively caring cream

This is one of the new products from the Essence My Skin range. The products in this range are made for the young skin, but can be used by anyone ofcourse. This is the intensively caring cream in Pomegranate & Bamboo for the dry to normal skin. I've been using this for about two months now so I have enough experience to make a good review. My skin is quite dry so I chose this one. Essence also has a moisturizing cream-gel for all skin types and a mattifying cream for normal to combination skin.

The jar looks a little young but fresh, just like the cream itself.


The cream is a light orange substance and it smells like pomegranate, but it's not too overwhelming. It's still fresh and natural. I don't like smelling like a piece of fruit when I go to bed so this is a good smell. You don't really see it but the cream is very thin so it's very easy to spread it out and it doens't leave a greasy layer on your skin so you don't feel like you're wearing a thick mask of cream. Since it's so thin you don't need as much cream as you're used to to cover your whole face. As you can see there's not much out of the jar and I've already used it for a while. It absorbs quite quickly and that's an important factor for me! You can use it as a day or night cream, but it looks more like a daycream because the cream is quite thin. If you feel like you need a thicker cream at night you should use another one. It's also good as a base to moisturise your skin for under your make-up.


The ingredients.
Pomegranate has a high level of antioxidants which seems to help to prevent cell damage. This means that it prevents skin-aging.
Bamboo is a rich source of silica. Daily supplements of silica through the use of bamboo extract can improve the condition of hair and skin, even to the point of alleviating eczema and psoriasis.

A jar of 500 ml costs €1,99. Which is a low price for skin cream. Since the inside of the jar is sealed you're sure that your jar isn't used before. The jar also comes in a paper packaging which gives it a luxe feeling.

Over all:
+ the price is low
+ the cream is thin so there's no greasy layer left
+ it absorbs quickly so you can apply make-up over it
+ you don't need much to cover your whole face
+ the smell isn't overwhelming

- you might need another cream for at night

I don't think there are more bad things that I could think of with this cream. So would I buy it again? Yes I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Please don't leave your bloglink, advertisement will be DELETED.)