Review: Labello's Pure & Natural

Ofcourse you all know I’m a nailpolish fanatic, but there’s one other thing I’m addicted to: lip balms! I even collect lip balms from the brand Labello. I’ll show you my collection in a next post. I occasionally contact the product manager of Labello for questions/facts etc. So she sent me the new Pure & Natural labello’s for review.

Labello’s new innovative Pure & Natural formula is inspired by nature. All lip balms are 100% free of preservatives and parabens and include natural ingredients like Shea Butter and Jojoba oil.

Olive & Lemon
I smelled olive oil right away. The smell isn’t too dominating, but I did have to get a little used to this smell, because lip balms usually have a sweet, fruity or neutral smell and this is the opposite of sweet. I could really smell/taste the products in it, (Olive and lemon) so the lip balm includes everything the packing says. 

Camomille & Calendula
I instantly thought about tea because I always have camomille tea at home.





This one’s not sweet either, but the smell is soft and not dominating. It made me think of calendulan crème - used for grazes and skin irritation - a little bit, which includes calendula. My mom swears by that cream! I never thought a lip balm could do this, but it made me think of home because of the products used in it.


Milk & Honey
The smell isn’t dominating, it’s quite soft, I don’t really taste honey but I do taste something sweet. This is the only one that smells like I’m used too. The combination of milk and honey isn’t something I would easily come up with, but it works.

Mint & Minerals
Smells fresh, like toothpaste or gum, but not in a bad way. It feels fresh on your lips and makes them tingle a bit. I like! When I applied it for the second time I could taste/smell mint like it tastes if you bite on a mint leaf.


My conclusion:
+ 100% free of preservatives+ applies smoothly and stays on long enough
+ It’s transparent on your lips, so you won’t get green lips
- They don’t smell like I’m used to, they smell fresh or kind of savory,  instead of sweet, you have to like it.

I think it’s very smart to make products that are free of
preservatives. It’s a trend to use healthy, pure and honest products, so I guess that this is the factor that will have people buy it. In every lip balm I could almost exactly smell/taste everything the packing said. The products used in it are smart too: Olive oil seems good for your hair, minerals are good, Calendula and camomille have healing powers and so people may think: hey, this might be good for my lips too! Maybe people aren’t used to lipbalms not tasting like strawberry or chocolate, but trying a new thing is always nice, right?
Milk & Honey is my favorite, maybe I’m a little old fashioned and like to have sweet products on my lips instead of fresh/savory/whatever smells.

These labello’s will be available in the Netherlands later this summer.

Q: What you do think about these and what’s your favorite lip balm brand?


This product was sent to me for review. For more information see my Disclosure page.

6 comments:

  1. oooo i love labelo <3
    I recently got their glamorous lip shine in natural shade.It's like a nude lip gloss with shimmer.I love it so much!! try it out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE lip balm too! I've never heard of this brand. Would love to try some of them. Where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm I'd love to try that mint! I bet it smell wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey
    I want to ask you something: please pass by my blog and look here: http://konadnails.blogspot.com/2010/08/manicure-contest-giveaway-update.html
    If you like this, please vote me!
    I really need your help :]
    Thanks a lot!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ali's Nail News:
    It's not available in the usa. mostly in europe. They do sell Nivea and maybe Liposan lipbalm in the usa. it's made by the same factory and I think that they'll also make the pure&natural one's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love labello, and i love the second and the 3th one.(l)
    I think they smell very nice?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Please don't leave your bloglink, advertisement will be DELETED.)